Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

My reasons of my name


Benjamin Kolianita    Kava
Tongan - biblical
My Introduction for my name Benjamin came straight from the bible this is special to me, therefore my Nena read it on the exact day that my mum gave birth to me. The story my Nena read had Benjamin in the bible he was the youngest righteous sibling out of the 12 siblings under Jacob he looked after the shepherds and he also played the astronomus harp and that's why my Nena named me Benjamin to be Kind, brave and righteous like him. Through to my middle name Kolianita, this was also a name that my Nena prized to me referring to the bible, the name Kolianita is a special seed that is so sweet, so my Nenas dream was for me to be a sweet boy and to grow up and be a handsome young man that will be a faifekau/minister in a Church that will preach the word of God. The story behind Kava my last name is that my great great grandfather’s name was Pita To’ofohe but because he had a long beard, he was wildly known as Pita Kava instead. And so my great grand father named their kids last name kava. So my last name would of been To’ofohe.
This is my name and the reasons why I got named it these names are special 
to me because it is biblical my Nena and my culture those three things are the most special things 
in my life because these are the things that will carry my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment